Planning a great getaway with your special someone? Look to Southern Georgian Bay for great trip ideas for couples...
1. How about a leisurely bike ride or walk along our terrific trails? Don’t forget your binoculars for bird watching. Follow it up with some well-deserved pampering at one of the spa and wellness centres. Enjoy fine dining then curl up in your luxurious private suite at any of our cozy bed and breakfasts in heritage homes and charming country inns to modest motels and full service hotels.
2. Tantalize your taste buds at any one of the extraordinary fine dining establishments then head to the theatre for an evening of music and laughter. Book a room at an intimate bed and breakfast and reward yourself by sleeping in late the next day before heading out for another amazing adventure.
3. Why not make it a wedding weekend? Choices range from romantic country inns with lakeside services to full service country clubs and hotels easily able to accommodate all your friends and family. Imagine a 30,000 Islands wedding on a cruise ship.
4. For the outdoor type, bring your camping gear and spend the night beneath the starry sky at one of our extraordinary campgrounds. Canoe or kayak along the shores or hike and bike the exhilarating trails.
5. Spend the morning at an attraction (see attractions list) and the afternoon on Georgian Bay by cruise boat or on a personal watercraft. Retreat by evening in a cabin by the water or secluded in the woods.
6. Spend the afternoon on the golf course (golf packages available) and then book a sunset dinner cruise and experience the rocky grandeur as you stroll the deck, the sunset putting the finishing touch on a fine day.
7. If you’re already on the water, slip into one of our marinas for a refreshing treat while visiting our unique downtowns and outdoor gallery.
8. Cross country ski on our trails, have a bite to eat before retiring to a warm, cozy bed & breakfast or a pampering motel/hotel with spa amenities.
Staying a week? Try this fabulous itinerary or mix and match your own! First get comfy by settling into one of the unique B & B’s, hotels/motels, resorts, or cottage cabins spread throughout Southern Georgian Bay.
Day 1: (AM) Explore Canada’s national treasure - Ontario’s first European community. Saint-Marie among the Hurons tells the dramatic story of the 17th century Jesuit mission to the Wendat people. (Afternoon) Wander over to the Martyrs’ Shrine and walk the Pilgrimage, stroll the grounds and spend time at the lookout tower. (PM) Take in a sunset at Balm Beach!
Day 2: (AM) Your nature connection will be at the Wye Marsh, a nature reserve hosting a turtle sanctuary, habitat for the endangered trumpeter swan, observation towers, trails, canoeing, education and much more! Bring a bag lunch. (Afternoon) Stroll through the unique shops in the downtown centres. (PM) Enjoy dinner at one of the restaurants before joining local musicians performing at outdoor concerts.
Day 3: (AM) Take a tour of the recreated Huron Ouendat Village that represents one of hundreds of similar villages that occupied Huronia for over two thousand years. Be sure to visit the Huronia Museum at the same location, which illustrates the culture of our historic area. Then walk over to nearby Little Lake Park and take a relaxing stroll. (Afternoon) Experience the picturesque 19th century site at Discovery Harbour and take yourself back to the days of the British navy and military. Visit the Tall Ship that is anchored at the docks. (PM) Enjoy a live performance at the King’s Wharf Theatre. Be sure to view the night stars after the show!
Day 4: (AM) Shop at the downtown centres, enjoy a Mural Walk, and then relax at the town docks. (Afternoon) Enjoy a 30,000 Island Cruise aboard either the Miss Midland or the Penetanguishene Georgian Queen. (PM) How about an evening stroll along the Waterfront Trail? Don’t forget your camera!
Day 5: Spend an entire day at soulful Awenda Provincial Park. Stroll the calming trails, or spend time at the beach in the cool waters of glorious Southern Georgian Bay. (PM) Smile and treat yourself to a fabulous meal at one of the fine restaurants.
We believe that any week vacation you take in Southern Georgian Bay will represent the “best” in value and the “best” in pleasure. Thanks for allowing us to entertain you!